Current issue - November 2012 (#60) in PDF
The November 2012 issue includes the following:
Feature: Water News Catch-up
- Hurricane Sandy Recap
Water Status Report
Va. Govt. Water Issues Overview
At the Water Center
- National Competitive Grants RFP
- Following the Virginia General Assembly
- Teaching Water
You Get the Last Word
Virginia Water Central is in Adobe Acrobat's PDF format. You can download the free Acrobat Reader from here.
The archive of issues is in the following table. See below the issues table for available section archives.
Water Quality and You (PDF) (with Spanish translations; también en español)
To receive an e-mail notification when new issues of Water Central are posted online, send an email to Alan Raflo at email@example.com with the subject line: "Subscribe to Virginia Water Central." Please include a mailing address and daytime phone number (so we can reach you if there is ever an e-mail problem).
- Feature Articles - Detailed articles, typically on water-related policy or law.
- Science Behind the News - Explanations of scientific concepts or developments related to current water news.
- Water Status Report - Summaries of recent groundwater, precipitation, and stream flow conditions in Virginia
- Water Quality and You - Tips for individuals actions to protect water resources.
- In and Out of the News - Brief accounts of water news items in Virginia, the Chesapeake Bay, and other states.
- Notices - Items about Virginia water-related government meetings, new publications or articles, useful Internet resources, and conferences.
- At the Water Center - Announcements of new publications, projects, grant opportunities, etc.
- For the Record - Compilations of sources for learning about various water-resources topics, such as water quality, laws and regulations, water-related maps, and drinking water.
- Teaching Water - Virginia Standards of Learning supported by Water Central articles.